You still can create your own garden by trying 20 inspiring small garden ideas in your yard.
If you have an outdoor space, regardless if it is a small one, you can definitely design it in a creative manner and turn it into a real relaxation space. Wouldn’t you like to have a beautiful space where you can unwind after a long and hard day?
Where you can enjoy a cup of tea and a good book or a glass of wine with the most important people in your life? So, in the following lines, you will find out about several ingenious small garden ideas about how to set up a small outdoor space and turn it into your oasis of peace and serenity.
Here are 20 inspiring small garden ideas that probably you are looking for.
- 1. Use Sculpture for a Small Garden Idea
- 2. Go for a Romantic Idea Garden
- 3. Perfect Plants and Flowers Types
- 4. Beautify with Climbing Plants
- 5. Give the Patterned Paving Touch
- 6. Play with Furniture
- 7. Choose the Floor Material
- 8. Mixing a roof terrace with a courtyard garden
- 9. Fabulous roof garden ideas
- 10. Small garden ideas on your balcony
- 11. Go for window boxes
- 12. Use a vertical pallet for your garden
- 13. Containers that can be moved around
- 14. Using tree stumps as planters
- 15. Garden benches with planters
- 16. Versatile cinder blocks
- 17. Potted bouquets – Small garden decor
- 18. Make a plant arrangement
- 19. Small gardens from a fantasy world
- 20. The famous Japanese gardens ideas
1. Use Sculpture for a Small Garden Idea
Transferring the exotic sculpture garden can be the preference for the small garden idea. Now, it is time for you to make your ideas into the real. Place a small sculpture in the middle of the yard around the flower or plants. The right placement will evoke the attention. A contemporary or personal sculpture type will fit the exotic theme.
To present the focal point of the sculpture, try these tips.
a. Choosing the Sculpture
To choose the suitable sculpture for the small garden, you need to consider the landscape of the garden. The types of the statue can be traditional, religious, personal, abstract, or realistic.
b. Matching the Style
Consider your house design theme for the statue. It is recommended to match the sculpture with your house. If your house is the traditional type, match it with the traditional sculpture.
c. Placing the Sculpture to Proper Focal Point
Choose the right focal point to place the sculpture. The abstract type will become the center of attention and can be seen from different angles.
d. Choosing the Material
Limestone and concrete materials are recommended for the formal or traditional garden ideas. While metal is quite durable from the water and the sun. Metal, fiberglass, and bronze have the flexible designs.
e. Consider the Size
Size of the sculpture matters a lot. You need to consider the size of the garden. Don’t choose the big one because it will take the whole space. Choose the size that fits the garden size.
f. Adding the Ornaments
Besides the sculpture, other ornaments will evoke the perfect feature for completing the small garden ideas touch. A fountain or patio will look perfect to be juxtaposed with the statue.
2. Go for a Romantic Idea Garden
Create the romantic impression for your small garden. Having soft, colorful plants and flowers combined with the old exuberant gate will radiate the romantic look. Add the vintage bench and the perfect lighting to make the idea more awesome.
3. Perfect Plants and Flowers Types
To accentuate the beautiful feature for your small garden, you need to find the plants and flower types that match your small garden idea. Here are some plants that do not need big effort to grow.
- Lavenders are quite popular for a small yard plant. These are perfect for cold weather. These plants have the soft scent and survive enough in winter.
- Peonies beautiful peonies will definitely look stunning for a small garden idea. Peonies are easy to grow. The pink color will match the concept of the garden and fit for any season.
- Shrubs are easy to grow. These plants have the great scents to boost the mood. These plants create the fabulous view to beautify your small yard.
- Roses The lovely scent and perfect beauty roses can evoke the picturesqueness of the garden. These flowers are quite easy to grow and do not need special care.
4. Beautify with Climbing Plants
Having a small yard is no longer a problem. Maximize the combination of the climbing plants and the fence. Climbing plants will grow easily with the fence as the medium for climbing. Add the color to the fence to create the best scenery.
5. Give the Patterned Paving Touch
You do not need to have a big garden to have the paving. You still can apply to your yard. Create the patterned paving touch. Choose the simple, neutral, and easy-care patterned paving. Add the colorful flowers or plants like lavender or shrubs to live up the peaceful atmosphere.
6. Play with Furniture
One of the small garden ideas you can try is to use the furniture. The furniture set will trick the eye that your yard looks quite bigger than it actually is. Place the metal furniture with the neutral color close to the paved path. Add the climber plants, shrubs, and grasses to create the attractive appearance. You can also grow the bamboo tree to accentuate the scenery.
7. Choose the Floor Material
Even though your garden is small, you can mix and match the types of floor to create the clean and fresh appearance. You can combine three materials of flooring such as gravel, grass, and sandstone. Those materials will bring about the perfect contrast scenery to your garden.
8. Mixing a roof terrace with a courtyard garden
The best part about this solution is that you will have both the views of the surrounding areas and the lush green of a garden. So, do not hesitate to use any available terrace to transform it into a suspended garden.
9. Fabulous roof garden ideas
If you have available space on the roof of your home, don’t let it sit there unused. The stone elements, gorgeous fireplace that uses biofuel to work, and lush green plants represent the perfect retreat from the daily urban jungle.
10. Small garden ideas on your balcony
It doesn’t matter how small your balcony is, as long as you have one you can turn it into a garden. With a table and chairs that have a chic design and can be folded and pots with plants, you can easily transform this space.
11. Go for window boxes
No balcony? Then window boxes will solve the space problem with you while the green plants you will put in them will make your home appear more welcoming.
12. Use a vertical pallet for your garden
You won’t believe just how beautiful a pallet would look like as a vertical garden ideas. It is a cheap and easy to use method to create more space for plants in your home. This solution can be used both outside and inside because it is so space-effective.
13. Containers that can be moved around
If you like to keep your options open, then using containers as planters will give you the chance to move them around as you need. Not to mention that they will improve any kind of space and are available in various sizes.
14. Using tree stumps as planters
Not even tree stumps should be allowed to go to waste, especially since they can be turned into such beautiful-looking planters. Thus, you will have a woody element and plants in one single solution.
15. Garden benches with planters
When your outdoor space is limited, using it wisely is the best way to do. So, to save space and make sure you have green plants around, use a garden bench with built-in planters. This way you will have a place to relax and plants all-in-one.
16. Versatile cinder blocks
Do you have any cinder blocks laying around? Even if you don’t, you should get some, as you can use them as a versatile support for your plants. Put them on the ground or build a vertical garden with them, it doesn’t matter as every idea looks amazing.
17. Potted bouquets – Small garden decor
You can easily enjoy a variety of plants, even if the available space is small, by potting several plants together. Just make sure that their environment, soil, and watering requirements are similar, so that they grow and thrive successfully.
18. Make a plant arrangement
In case you chose to use containers, go for those that are slightly larger and mix plants in one single container. This way, you will create a visual effect of depth and make your garden look bigger than it is.
19. Small gardens from a fantasy world
Small gardens are suitable for turning them into fantasy gardens, with the help of various accessories. If you’d like kind of garden, just pick a theme and let your creativity run free.
20. The famous Japanese gardens ideas
Japanese gardens are famous for their beauty, precision, and balance, and the good news is that you can enjoy such a garden even if space is limited. Because they involve using a considerable number of plants on a small patch of terrain, you can easily adopt this idea, using containers or putting the plants directly in the ground, depending on which works best for you.